Coastal Vibe Vacations, LLC: Osprey PH-04 in Bayside. 3BR Destin West Penthouse ~ Rooftop Hot Tub & Grill ~ Amazing Views!
Destin West - Fort Walton Beach Condo
DescriptionHeaven is just a quick spin up a spiral staircase – a short ascent to your own, private rooftop deck, where a hot tub bubbles beneath the stars and fresh fish roasts on the gas grill. It’s dinner and hot-tubbing with 360º views of the Gulf of Mexico, Choctawhatchee Bay, and Okaloosa Island. And of Destin West Resort, a beautiful sight day and night, with its 700-foot lazy river, swaying palms, sugar-sand beaches and dunes, and cool sea breezes.
From your penthouse perch – one of the highest points on all of Okaloosa Island, by the way! – the bay feels so close, you’ll be tempted to reach out and ripple your fingers through the jade and sapphire waters. From your oversized balcony, which feels secluded thanks to the building’s staggered patios, you’ll wish only to stare out at the view, where sunrise and sunset sweep their pastel paintbrushes through sky, smearing the sea and stars in unbelievable hues. From Stairway to Heaven (officially Osprey PH-04, bayside), you’ll never want to descend back down to reality.
This penthouse condo was built for spreading out: you’d think 1,573 square feet of living space would be sufficient, but Stairway to Heaven ups the ante with a 350 square-foot balcony and an enormous 1,252 square-foot roof deck – that’s 3,176 total square feet of living space. In other words, enough for the whole family and then some!
We’re betting you’ll never want to leave the condo’s sun-drenched outdoor spaces, but if you can drag yourself inside you’re in for a treat. Three bedrooms – one king, one queen, and one twin-on-full bunk with twin trundle – accommodate eight guests perfectly. But spacious bedrooms aren’t even the greatest draw: upgraded luxuries are found throughout Stairway to Heaven, from the master Jacuzzi tub, to the full-sized washer/dryer, to the well-equipped kitchen (hellooo, granite counters!), to the cozy beds, to the Smart HDTV. Say it with me: ooooh! aaaah!
But hey, we know you’re not just here for the 360º views, rooftop terrace, and three bedrooms: you’re here for Destin West Resort. And we don’t blame you. The resort’s list of amenities is almost embarrassing, with offerings like a 5,000 square-foot swimming pool, kid-friendly zero-entry (aka beach) pool, two giant Jacuzzis, winter-heated waterfall pool, and the region’s largest lazy river. Booyah, we said lazy river. (And it lights up at night!)
Meander across the resort’s private footbridge, and you’re on a pristine, white-sand beach along the Gulf of Mexico’s Choctawhatchee Bay. Rent boogie boards, sea kayaks, or jet skis; sign the kiddos up for resort activities; and sweat off Florida’s epicurean delights in the state-of-the-art fitness center. Yes, without a doubt, Destin West Resort is one of the most family-friendly, well serviced, and upscale locales on the island.
This condo is perfect for:
A lot of rentals force you into cookie cutter molds. Not us. At Coastal Vibe Vacations, we believe that every vacationer has the right to a personalized vacation that’s tailored to their needs and wishlist. With that in mind, Pelican’s Perch is well suited to:
• Large or Multigenerational Families: Traveling with a few kids (up to 5!) or as a multigenerational group? With 3 bedrooms, there’s space for everyone.
• Small Families Traveling Together: If you’ve teamed up with another family for your vacation, you can easily assign the adults to their own bedrooms and have the kids (up to 4) bunk together (or sleep on the pullout sofa).
• Vacationers Who Love Views: It doesn’t get much better than our incredible Choctawhatchee Bay and pool/lazy river views!
• Lovers of Luxury: If you love vacationing in the lap of luxury, you’ll feel right at home in the penthouse, with its private rooftop hot tub and grilling station.
• Holiday Revelers: Our condo is perfect for holiday celebrations, especially Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s.
Nearby Activities & Attractions
The condo is conveniently located on Destin’s Okaloosa Island, just steps away from a veritable buffet of things to do, places to see, and experiences to live. Even if you spent a few months here, you’d be hard-pressed to fit in even half our list of favorites!
That said, we’re also happy to make recommendations for activities and attractions further afield; just let us know what you love to do, and we’ll make it happen. We also send all guests our complementary Destin Insider’s Guide, complete with special discounts and deals exclusively for Coastal Vibe guests!
Now without further ado, here are a few of our favorite things:
• Destin West Resort: 7 outdoor pools, 3 whirlpool spas, a lazy river, private beach access, children's programs, a fitness center, special winter programs, and more awesomeness await.
• Private charter fishing: Wet your line and experience why Destin has been nicknamed the “luckiest little fishing village,” with catches like red snapper, grouper, amberjack, king mackerel, and more. Plan your fishing early, and spend the rest of your stay grilling up your catches!
• Motor boating: Make waves and catch rays! Fire up the engine and cruise down the bay, inquire in quiet coves, drop anchor at Crab Island for an afternoon dip, or follow a pod of dolphins – the bay is your oyster.
• Local beaches: Dig your toes into powder-soft, white sand at any of the 13 public access beach points in Destin.
• Gulfarium Marine Adventure Park: Take the kids (and kids-at-heart) to see dolphins, sea lions, seals, alligators, sea turtles, stingrays, otters and much more. Animal shows and behind-the-scenes encounters held daily.
• Championship Golf: Unleash your skill and swing at Destin’s numerous world-class golf courses, including Kelly Plantation, Rigatta Bay, and Sandestin’s four championship courses.
• Shopping: If you get the zen to spend, head over to the Silver Sands Outlet Mall, Destin Commons, Harborwalk Village, Baytowne Wharf, and other Destin shopping hotspots.
• Go-carts and Mini-Golf: Go wild at The Track, a recreation center with go-carts, mini golf, bumper boats, bungee jumping, arcade games, and more.
• Day cruises: Explore the Gulf of Mexico, your way – theatre cruises, dolphin cruises, dinner cruises, and more. There’s even a pirate cruise to thrill your youngest family members!
• Water recreation: Popular water sports include waverunner rentals, paddle-boating, kiteboarding, parasailing, kayaking, and jet-skiing.
• Other activities: There are bike and jogging trails, the Emerald Coast Conference Center, Big Kahuna's Water & Adventure Park, old-timey Boardwalk, and plenty of other things to do in and around Destin.
• Rainy Day?: Mosey on over to the neighboring Fudpuckers (a one-of-a-kind Destin experience!) and its Fat Daddy’s arcade, and see if you can earn enough tickets for your dream prize – or beat my NBA Hoops high score. (Betcha can’t.)
About Coastal Vibe Vacations:
Coastal Vibe Vacations is not some faceless company, so let me introduce myself. My name is David Jenn, and I’ve owned at Destin West since it was contructed. I love Okaloosa Island with a passion – a passion I promise I’ll use to help you plan the vacation of your dreams.
Well, you’ve made it this far. What are you waiting for? Just click that yellow Email Manager or Book It button (on right) and clue me in to your wishlist. I’m looking forward to it!
- Satellite or Cable
- Air Conditioning
- Fitness Room
- Hair Dryer
- Iron Board
- Living Room
- Smoke Detector
- Communal Pool
- Hot Tub
- Heated Pool
Kitchen and Dining
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes Utensils
- Children Welcome
- Free Parking
- Minimum Age Limit
- Pets Not Allowed
- Smoking Not Allowed
- Accessibility Wheelchair Accessible
- Beach Front
- Beach View
- Near Ocean
- Ocean Front
- Ocean View
- Ocean views
- Water View
- Water views
Family Friendly Amenities
- Pack n Play Travel Crib
- Smoke Detector